Monday, September 21, 2009

5th Entry (Sept 17th)


Molly Holzschlag, Software Evangelist for Opera Software came and spoke this past Thursday, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I had heard a few things about Google Chrome and Opera was new to me, so it was very helpful for her to explain the features and capabilities of each browser. It was very eye-opening for her to conclude that the browser is really the platform as opposed to the OS. What her lecture reminded me of is just how vast the subject of internet technology is. Because of her experience and passion for the subject, she was able to speak so thoroughly and intelligently about various aspects. Even so, there were a few questions brought up that even she could not answer. This made me realize just how much more I need to learn and just how much further I have to go in my studies. But it also taught me that no matter how many courses I take, no matter how many years I work in the greatest position with the best company, I will never know everything there is to know about the internet. Not only is the internet at present such a wealth of information, but it is constantly changing with something new to learn every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment